Below is the latest news from London from the past week or two. Please enjoy!
1. Tomas Rosicky and Wojciech Szczęsny are back in training. Szczesny is returning from an ankle injury which he suffered in Arsenal’s 6-1 win over Southampton. Vito Mannone has been between the sticks and many people are glad Szczesny is finally back. He is expected to start 1 or 2 U-21 games first.Rosicky hasn’t played this season after undergoing surgery on an Achilles tendon, which he picked up while on international duty at Euro 2012. He was pictured back in full training last week.
2. Carl Jenkinson signs new 5 year contract with Arsenal.
The 20 year old will be at the club for at least 5 more years! Jenkinson also commited his future to the English National team.
3. Arsenal are starting to listen to offers for the Ghanaian defensive midfielder after choosing not to offer him a new contract.
4. Kieren Gibbs is expected to return to the squad for this weekends clash against Tottenham.
5. Lukas Podolski has expressed his concerns that he wishes to play in a center forward role rather than on the left-wing as he think it diminishes his finishing abilities.
6. Olivier Giroud fears that Arsenal’s weak defense can hold them back at times.
7. Walcott has been playing through and injury and apparently he is going to miss the Tottenham game with a glute injury.
8. Bacary Sagna is now back in the squad.